I have a lot of love for Movies especially science fiction however nothing beats the fun of sitting behind a screen and playing some hard core FPS games. Apart from them i am a major lover of Assassins Creed titles especially Brotherhood, The Witcher and God Of War. Huge fan of animation director Hayo Mayazaki.
Following a couple of teases, The Behemoth Video game company has now given official confirmation that the much-loved co-op beat-em-up Castle Crashers will have perhaps a remaster that has a release date set for summer and it shall roll out across Nintendo Switch and PS4. All this is possible, thanks to PlayEveryWare.
This is just tip of the iceberg because along with this Castle Crashers Remaster release date it has also been revealed that it will come with 1080p and 60FPS support and you will also have access to bonus characters like Pink Knight, Necromancer and Blacksmith, without the need of DLC. Moreover, the devs have also added that alongside there will also be a nostalgic photo slide that will cover the past decade, a glimpse into the Castle Crashers world we all love.
For the Nintendo Switch users, it will include HD Rumble, an online Switch Support, 4-player local multiplayer and portable play. Further details include;
- A multiplayer mini-game called “Back Off Barbarian” that’s frantic and weird.
- Texture sizes of the game are five times the texture size of the original game
- CCR runs at 60 frames per second. The original ran at 30 frames per second which feels kind of like a slideshow if you go back to it after trying this new one.
- All previously released downloadable content like characters, weapons, and animal orbs are available in-game
- Various performance updates and improvements to gameplay and online multiplayer
Having said that in the past decade Castle Crashers has been downloaded over 20 million times across all platforms, which is pretty remarkable. Be that at it may expect to hear more news regarding this upcoming remaster.